Thursday, March 27, 2008

Demo Girl: How User Friendly Is Your Site?

http://demogirl.com/2008/03/25/how-user-friendly-is-your-site/
"I sign up and navigate through a lot of different Websites and services every single day so I can create screencasts to help my readers decide if they want to try them out or not. In doing this, I notice every little detail from arriving to the site, to locating my account settings, to signing out. It’s my job to know where the help pages are, how to change a password, and how to generally navigate through whatever site I’m currently creating a screencast for. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve ditched a service that I actually thought was kind of cool, but navigation was so horrible that I didn’t want to share it with you here - And that’s the topic of the screencast today.

I want to know if I’m crazy or if the very minor issues I’m showing you really do matter. I don’t think enough start-ups realize that it’s not only important to have a functioning site, but a functional site as well. What do you think? Let me know what issues bother you in the comments after you watch the screencast below:"

No comments: