Thursday, May 3, 2007

GammaSlamma 1.1 Update Now Availablehttp://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

http://www.shealanforshaw.com/gammaslamma-11-update-now-available/
"Thanks to a small code example emailed to me by Ben Marini, I have been able to update GammaSlamma to 1.1. Hurrah! The application now supports batch ’slamming’. Find out more about GammaSlamma by reading the original posting on my blog. Download update here. Hope that saves you a few clicks."

About: http://www.shealanforshaw.com/introducing-gammaslamma-10-for-osx/
"Over the past year or so I have been using PNG files more and more. For those that don’t know, PNG was created as a successor to GIF. The file format supports more colours, more compression options, and most importantly a full alpha channel for transparency. Sounds great huh? Well, technically yes, but I have found PNG files suffer from a problem of colour reproduction in different browsers which can cause real headaches. At this point I suggest you read Henri Sivonen’s wonderful article entitled The Sad Story of PNG Gamma. Previously the only option was to use a Win32/Unix package called PNGCRUSH to remove this pesky Gamma information, but doing so on the Mac involves installing systems like Fink or Darwinports and running scripts in the command line. (Personally that scares the crap out of me, and I am sure others like me who like to pretend all that complicated stuff running underneath my pretty OSX interface doesn’t exist…). So rejoice, there a new solution in town and it’s gui-a-gogo!"

No comments: