Sunday, July 15, 2007

Blabbermouth.net: HENRY ROLLINS Discusses His Trip To Iran

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=76639
"Chris Catania of PopMatters.com recently conducted an interview with punk rock icon Henry Rollins. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Q: So how was your recent trip to Iran?

Henry: Well, I had gone to Iraq with the USO and that was very ... (hesitates) ... interesting, then I took a trip on my own to Iran just to look around and that was a really good time. It's a lot more peaceful in Iran than in Iraq in the present time. I met a lot of interesting people and I was able to walk around the city without feeling like I was in any kind of danger. That was really cool. I went because all I hear in the U.S. media about Iran is that they're going to kill us all and our lives are all in grave danger. And that may be true but I'd like to think there is more than one story out there. So that's why I went."

No comments: