Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Veerle's Blog: What a designer has to do when looking for a job

http://veerle.duoh.com/blog/comments/what_a_designer_has_to_do_when_looking_for_a_job
"If I take a trip down memory lane to the time that I was looking for a job, I immediately remember very vividly how hard it was to get noticed or heard. I’m talking pre-internet days so things were handled via snail mail. If you were lucky, you got invited for an interview to show your portfolio and hope for the best. So fresh out of school with nothing much to show from the ‘real’ world in my portfolio, except for school work was a hard nut to crack to be honest. Even desktop publishing was in its early days so most of my work consisted of hand crafted dummies, painted logos and lots of sketches, paintings and drawings."

No comments: