Thursday, March 8, 2007

semoz: Put Your Best Foot Forward: 19 Gorgeous Website Footers

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/put-your-best-foot-forward
"Footers usually repeat the primary navigation and contain anything that is considered "the fine print," such as copyright information and a privacy policy. With the rising popularity of standards based design, they also have become the home for xhtml and css compliance badges. While doing a redesign for a new client of mine whose website lacked a footer entirely, it occurred to me how footers had become a faint afterthought when I put together a design. My footers are typically content barren and don't get a whole lot of design love. The most content-rich footer I ever created was probably for Avatar Financial, which contained a miniature site map and a bit of contact information. This made me curious - what are other designers doing with their footers? "

No comments: