Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Design Meltdown: Designer Portfolios Part 5

http://www.designmeltdown.com/chapters/Portfolio/Part5.aspx
"In the last edition of Designer Portfolios I encouraged people to try something "crazy." Believe it or not I got a bit of negative feedback from this. I feel compeled to clarify my point. I don't think portfolios should be some insane brain child that becomes so hard to use that it is no longer an effective portfolio. Instead, I think your personal portfolio is your chance to spread your wings, and loose the hold other people have on our design work. All to often clients beat our designs into things we never really intended, we live to serve them. So your portfolio is your chance to do what you want, to refelct your personality, to show that you can do something more conceptual and on the edge then your normal design allows for. Again, my real point is to just have fun with it."

No comments: